Are you tired have trying to figure out how to clock your HE221? Our wastegate bracket eases the installation of the Holset HE221 in your swap.
The HE221 is quickly becoming a crowd favorite but it does come with some challenges. In addition to the T25 exhaust flange, the wastegate bracket has posed a lot of issues for people. We have heard you and are proud to offer our simple, cost-effective, solution.
- Remove the wastegate hose
- Remove the wastegate actuator. After pulling the internal pin allowing the compressor housing to rotate independently, just remove to cotter pin on the wastegate (or a C-clip on the 5.5 cm2 models) and the two bolts holding the wastegate on the turbo. This will allow you to completely remove the wastegate.
- Mount the bracket. Remove the turbo from the T25 flange. Place, or replace, a new T25 gasket on the flange. Then install the wastegate bracket, followed by another T25 gasket.
- Install the turbo
- Reinstall the actuator. Rotate the actuator 180 degrees from its original position. Put the end over the pin on the turbine housing and install the original cotter pin or c-clip. Then pull the actuator and insert the original two bolts through the bracket and through the stock actuator bracket. The actuator comes pre-loaded from the factory so pulling the actuator should put the same amount of tension on the actuator as the original configuration. Use the included copper exhaust nuts to secure the actuator to the BenzForce bracket.
- Install boost hose. Depending on how the turbo is clocked, you can either reuse the existing boost hose or you may require a new one. Regardless, reinstall the hose so the actuator will see boost from the compressor housing.
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- 2 x T25 turbo gaskets
- 2 x M8x1.25 copper exhaust nuts
CNC Cut & Bent in the USA