This Blog is a work in progress to gather as much info as i can about the W123 Coil Springs. This blog will discuss Lifting, Lowering or improving handling over the OEM setup. If you have any input feel free to comment below or message me. Thanks very much and keep having fun out there!
Lowering Your W123 Mercedes(240D, 300D, 300CD, 300SD, 300TD and More)
1. Lerms Customs Lowering Kit
W123 Coil Spring Lowering Kit w/ Bilstein HD Shock Absorbers
- 4 New Coil Springs OEM height or cut to your specs.
- 4 Bilstein HD Shock Absorbers
- 4 Coil Spring Pads
2. DIY Cut Coil Springs
You can get New or Used Coil Springs and cut them yourself. Here is a short list of some of the possible combinations and the outcome. You can also buy pre cut coils from me found at: www.LermsCustoms.com
- .5/.5 Very slight almost no change. Keeps OEM Rake
- 1.0/1.0 Slightly Lower. Keeps OEM Rake
- 1.0/1.5 Sightly lowered Rear. No tire issues
- 1.5/1.5 Noticeable lowering with no tire issues. Keeps OEM rake.
- 1.5/1.75 Car becomes Level
- 2.0/2.0 Some tire issues that can be corrected with tire/wheel/fender rolling. Keeps OEM rake.
- 2.0/1.5 Some tire issue that can be corrected with tire size/wheelsize/fender rolling. Increased rake
- 2.0/2.25 Some tire issue that can be corrected with tire/wheel/fender rolling. Car is now level, no rake.
- More cutting and you will run into further issues and be pushing the limits. It can be done but done so at your own risk. Message me for any custom Cuts or Builds.
Lifting your W123
There isnt a whole lot of info or companies who specialize in any offroad performance for our cars. Im working slowly to start building that up and gathering more info. If you have any tips or info on what you have done please comment below or message me. Thanks!
1. Africa/Safari Springs
These springs seem to be a bit impossible to find. Everyone seems to mention it but noone has a source to get them. If you have a part number let me know. Thanks!
2. Lemforder Increased Height Springs
This pretty much goes for the same above except i used to have the part number and lost it. Ive seen these taller coils installed but need some more info.
3. W126 Rear Coils
Ive seen a lot of people mention just using a W126 spring with a larger coil spring pad. This does increase by a little but mostly just because of the pad and stiffer spring. No real increase in ride height or performance.
4. Spring Pads
Shim, front spring 8 MM thick, one burls
Shim, front spring 13 MM thick, two burls
Shim, front spring 18 MM thick, three burls
Shim, front spring 23 MM thick, four burls
Shim, REAR spring 9.5 MM thick, one burls
Shim, REAR spring 14 MM thick, two burls
Shim, REAR spring 19 MM thick, three burls
5. Specs for a Custom Design
If anyone wants to partner with me to design a true lifted coil spring for these cars that would be great. It seems like the best route to go. It wouldnt be the biggest seller but if we can get a group buy of about 10 people i could get a big manufacturer to build them.
Please comment below with any input you have. Feel free to message me anytime. Keep enjoying your cars and have fun!!!
Find More Blogs and News Here: https://lermscustoms.com/blogs/news
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lermscustoms/